Team Lead, System Admin
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4019
Requisition Number: R1236
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The System Admin Lead is responsible for the server administration with a specific focus on the Operations Management: support and maintenance of both virtual and physical server environments. You will also work closely with other Infrastructure teams to ensure global system availability by following the team guiding principles of "Monitor, React, Resolve, Prevent". This individual will also act as a mentor to other systems administrators, providing technical expertise and by-example leadership to the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor, react, resolve, and prevent global IT system issues across the board. Primarily performing Incident and Alert Management in a Service Desk environment. Secondary responsibilities include Change Request Management (project work) in a Service environment. Provide remote support for our global operations. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution. Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures. Provide on call support as required (evenings and weekends based on an on-call rotation schedule). Experience in Installing, Upgrading, Supporting Windows Server operating systems including Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016 with a focus/expertise on Windows Server 2012/2016. Monitoring, Supporting and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server operating systems using technologies such as SCOM 2012/2016(Microsoft System Center Operations Manager) and Splunk monitoring tools. Patch and Application Deployments to Microsoft Windows Server operating systems using technologies such as SCCM (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager). Configuration and maintenance of infrastructure systems and applications with a focus on HP and Cisco server hardware, VMware, NetApp, Citrix, Microsoft Office 365, and others. Recommend, plan and implement changes and enhancements to global IT infrastructure. Research vendor products to determine those which best meet the company needs. Provides recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware, software and networking equipment that will support current or future business needs. Drive automation of specific daily work tasks using PowerShell and other scripting technologies.
- Develops and maintains portfolio of IT Service Management policies and operating procedures across the server admin Team.
- Assists in oversight of daily KPIs and standardized work.
- Train new staff, assist with performance reviews, provide leadership and coaching in both the technical and personal development areas for team members.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and guidance in resolving complex technical operational situations.
- Provides feedback and development opportunities for staff.
- Ensures the IT department is right sized with experienced, motivated, and highly technical employees.
- Works with the Managers of IT on establishing processes and policies to build a high-performing organization.
- Strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mentality and provide metrics to show the realization.
- Focuses on service delivery for information technology systems to ensure that all services are properly planned out and delivered as expected.
- Prioritizes requests and activities and develop schedules and work plans for projects/initiatives.
- Communicates relevant IT-related information to senior leadership and peers.
- Be able to quickly form a problem focus group and use critical thinking skills to resolve system outages and document root causes for future analysis to ensure maximum availability of company systems.
- Implements solutions to prevent, detect, and remediate information security risks.
- Team player
- Strong communication skills, very strong English speaking skills
- A passion for service improvement
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey technical information and business impact to non-technical audience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to new development environments and changing business situations.
- High results oriented with analytical, problem solving and demonstrable presentable skills.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5+ years' experience in a globally dispersed IT environment ensuring integrity of systems.
- Background working in an enterprise operations team.
- Solid understanding and expertise in Windows Server operating systems including Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 with a focus/expertise on Windows Server 2012/2016/2019.
- Solid understanding and expertise in both Physical and Virtual server environments, with a focus on VMWare, Citrix, and other infrastructure applications.
- Experience administrating Active Directory environment including Group Policies, File Security, DNS, DHCP, Certificate management, etc.
- Experience with SCOM, SCCM and other Microsoft System Center applications.
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts for administration tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Experience in creating relevant documentation to support existing environments.
- Be able to work in a global organization supporting multi-language and multi-cultural environments.
- Work well alone and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff in difficult or conflictive situations.
- Certifications that would be preferred but not required - MCSE, VMware, Citrix, Azure/AWS & ITIL.
- International business experience
- Breadth of industry and sector experiences manufacturing, retail, etc.
- Standard office environment
- Working in Shifts, preferably 2nd Shift- US Shift
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Team Lead, System Admin
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN