Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer
Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 4029
Requisition Number: R1292
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Design and implement manufacturing software systems that control work-in-progress aspects of an assembly line, track product under development, report assembly test results to operators, upload manufacturing data to a factory management database, and generate reports for Operations management.
- Engage with mechanical, electrical, and firmware development teams to understand the manufacturing test system requirements.
- Design and implement desktop applications for control of in-line production and testing systems.
- Work with Operations teams to validate and deploy new/updated software systems to manufacturing lines.
- Triage manufacturing systems issues in collaboration with Operations and Engineering personnel.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science.
- 5+ years of experience in each of these areas: C#, Python, SQL, Linux
- 3+ years experience with developing user interfaces
- 3+ years of experience with Networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Strong self-initiative and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable collaborating with engineers and technicians from other disciplines: electrical, mechanical, assembly operators, production supervisors, etc.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Familiarity/experience working on manufacturing software systems.
- Familiarity/experience working with electromechanical systems.
- Experience with developing reliable software solutions for volume manufacturing.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US