Sr. Firmware Engineer
Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 4059
Requisition Number: R1342
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Senior Firmware Engineer Job Description
This job posting is for an experienced embedded software developer at Polaris based in Battle Ground, WA, just outside of Portland, OR. We are a relaxed, creative team that designs and implements digital solutions for the power sports industry. Our primary development target is embedded Linux on ARM-based SoC's. Project work will include full development from R&D conception/specification to production, with a focus area of 802.11 and networking functionality.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field and 5 years' relevant experience, or MS in a related field and 2-years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years embedded software development.
- Strong C programming and debugging skills (C++ preferred).
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
- Comfort using desktop Linux and open source tools for day-to-day development.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- 2+ years of development experience with at least one of the following technology:
- Experience with BlueZ, oFono, OBEX, PulseAudio and/or related open source audio and media.
- Experience in telephony technologies (ITU-T P.1100 & P.1110).
- Strong knowledge and experience with Bluetooth (Classic and LE) and audio/DSP technologies.
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Sirius XM
- Linux kernel development
- D-Bus bindings in C or C++
- Embedded RTOS experience
- Open source project familiarity: wpa_supplicant / hostapd, NetworkManager, Qt 5 / QML, embedded Yocto, BusyBox, systemd
- Familiarity with electrical design and troubleshooting.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment: oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, etc.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Firmware Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US