Application Support Team Lead
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4062
Requisition Number: R1372
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris Industries Inc. is seeking an experienced Application Support Lead within the Application Support team of the Polaris IS organization. The team provides Level 2 support for all current global business applications. They manage the day-to-day availability of the applications and assist end users, respond to system alerts, and resolve incidents.
As an Application Support Lead, one must have strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, customer service and technical skills, great teamwork skills and have sound character and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate should also be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be willing and capable of discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels.They also need to possess good multi-tasking skills and be process orientated.
Our customers are located primarily in the Americas, candidate will need to be comfortable working non-traditional hours to overlap with US time zones (12:30 - 21:30 IST). This is a unique opportunity to take part in Polaris' next step as we continue to build up our technology services in Bangalore.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Team Leadership and System & User Support
- Motivate, lead, foster team collaboration, and provide guidance to local team members
- Set priorities, solicit input, mentor and manage performance, setting and driving performance goals, and ensuring high quality customer service and on-time delivery of agreed deliverables
- Serves as escalation point for local and global team members and assisting with providing technical support to end-users either in person or via remote connection
- Manage incidents logged in our ticketing system, monitor issues and drive timely resolution within service level requirements
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving of issues
- Develop standard operating procedures for existing and new support tasks, and document the use of knowledge support tools
- Collaborate effectively with other team members located across the globe
- Apply standard principles, concepts, and techniques toward the identification and resolution of complex user problems with a high level of detail and accuracy
- Review the ticket queue and look for opportunities for training or additional documentation
- Meet all defined metric benchmarks to ensure quality of resolution and customer satisfaction
Skills, Knowledge & Education
- Experience leading technical support teams
- 2+ years' experience in a hands-on application support lead/manager role
- 2+ years' experience supporting applications developed with Classic ASP, C#, Java, .NET, and ASP.NET
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Exhibit leadership behavior whichsupportsthe business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- 5+ years' experience in a general IT environment within a corporate setting
- Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills
- 2+ years' experience in a Service Desk / Customer Service environment
- Flexible, co-operative and resilient
- Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
- Experience working within an on-shore / off-shore support environment
- Ability to build strong relationships in a multi-cultural environment across all levels within IT
- Logical, able to think outside the box
- Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience inhigh availability / mission critical applicationsupport
- Strong knowledge in ITIL practices in the area of Incident, Change and Problem management.
- Experience using ServiceNow or other similar issue tracking system
- Experience with VB.NET or VB Script
- Experience with Cloud-based environment (Microsoft Azure)
- Experience supporting highly-scalable web applications that leverage SQL Server, Web Services/APIs and Object-Oriented software design
An understanding of large computing systems such as IBMi (AS400)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Application Support Team Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN