Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4064
Requisition Number: R1401
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for leading the design of seats and ergonomic related components for Off-Road Vehicles (ORV). Work closely with Systems Engineers to ensure designs meet, cost, schedule, and performance deliverables while also spending a portion of time concepting next-generation designs to accelerate the process for future programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete high-level layouts to provide directional guidance on existing and/or new vehicle seats and interior components
- Interpret technical specifications and apply to individual part designs
- Own layout for entire seats sub-system. Ensure timely master model updates and layout/modelling accuracy
- Take part in frequent benchmarking activities and incorporate lessons learned into designs
- Interpret technical analyses (FEA, CFD, etc) and apply appropriate design corrections
- Use process knowledge to provide input for effective tooling design
- Advanced CAD modeling and detailing for areas of expertise within seat systems; including plastic and surfacing design experience
- Establish and effectively communicate design requirements early on for Industrial Design team and work through solutions with ID to achieve a feasible concept
- Work collaboratively with ID/Development/Purchasing/Quality/Manufacturing/Testing to ensure design meets all requirements
- Competent in design methodology for multiple manufacturing processes
- Ability to review supplier tooling and process proposals and effectively critique them
- Lead meetings/discussions with suppliers to ensure appropriate Design For Manufacture (DFM) in component/sub-system design
- Represent design in Quality/Supplier meetings to resolve component quality issues and ensure any changes/deviations are acceptable for fit and function
- Creates knowledge management documentation to support and communicate design standards or guidelines in their areas of expertise.
- Perform other miscellaneous project related assignments such as BOM development and prototype procurement
- Develop and lead presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems
- Ability to understand, manage, and communicate the system level tradeoffs between different concepts
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related design experience using an advanced CAD software (Creo, CATIA, NX)
- Prefer experience with design of chassis and/or vehicle subsystems and components. Injection molded plastic and steel fabrication knowledge most important.
- Expert in multiple manufacturing processes
- Expert in 3D modeling and GD&T ANSI/ASME Y14.5. of complex assemblies
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by broad practical experience in design
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint experience required.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN