Defense Program Manager
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4069
Requisition Number: R1420
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Polaris Defense Program Manager (PM) is a high-profile leadership position critical to the success of current and future Polaris Defense business objectives. This position will manage domestic and international vehicle programs for Polaris Government and Defense and is responsible for cost, schedule, technical/performance, risk, and execution of active Polaris Ultra-Light Vehicle programs. The PM will establish, and is accountable to maintain, a collaborative working relationship with government Ultra-Light Vehicle program managers to ensure the highest level of responsiveness and customer service needs are met. Internally, the Defense PM will lead critical matrix team members (engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, operations, etc.) to execute on program requirements in an efficient and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Quickly develop and maintain a robust technical understanding of Polaris Ultra-Light vehicles, such as the MRZR and DAGOR
• Full accountability/ ownership of assigned Polaris Defense programs.
• Anticipate government PM office needs and actively recommend potential solutions that leverage Polaris' strengths
• Have a working knowledge of program financial records (Balance Sheet, ROI, Cash Flow), etc.
• Respond to every customer inquiry in a timely and comprehensive manner
• Lead cross functional engineering and operations teams to ensure 100% on time delivery of vehicle orders and paid-for engineering services
• Work closely with field support teams to understand fielded vehicle trends & identify opportunities to improve user experience with Polaris products
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and aptitude for both strategic planning and time-sensitive "hands on" problem solving
• Capable of operating as an individual contributor and team member meeting business objectives
• Comfortable leading matrixed team in a fast-pace business environment
• Proven ability to problem solve, motivate, and lead by example in a matrix organization
• Integral part of current year budget management and long-range planning processes
• Ensure quality and safety as fundamental attributes of the Polaris product lifecycle value stream
• Support program management of cost, schedule & performance
• Develop, manage and report program metrics
• Periodic travel to key military end user and program office locations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum five years of experience managing Defense Programs (DOD or Private Sector)
• B.A/B.S. degree in a related field, or equivalent programs experience with a Defense Contractor/In Defense required
• Proven technical aptitude to understand Polaris products and communicate technical issues related to the products
• Proven understanding of military vehicle logistics related to air transportability, vehicle training, and service parts support packages and availability.
• Possess a deep understanding of Polaris Government and Defense military customers and their unique value propositions
• Understand and be compliant with, ITAR, CCL, DFARS and related requirements
• Special Forces background highly desired
• Must be eligible for Secret level security clearance - previous or current clearance a plus
• Military experience preferred
• Fast-paced office environment
• Strong mission focus with a passionate and demanding customer base
• Travel up to 30%
• Effectively work with minimal supervision
• Travel between Polaris facilities in Medina, Wyoming, and Roseau, MN as required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Defense Program Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US