Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4096
Requisition Number: R1524
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This role is a Data Scientist in our Enterprise Data and Analytics group. This position will require development of new application functionality as well as maintenance and support of source code for the Polaris data platforms.You must be familiar with SQL to implement data integration and Python / R language to implement machine learning algorithms
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, design, build, query, troubleshoot and maintain Machine learning algorithms developed in Python/ R
- Design and develop data integration using SQL, Azure data factory, Snowflake and Apache Spark/ Azure Databricks
- Integrate API (Services) to the data management platform
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Must have worked on below services and have good hands on experiences.
- Preferably Python if not R language
- Azure data factory
- Azure data lake store, Azure Blob container and Azure SQL
- Strong SQL
- Prior experience of working on Data warehousing/ BI projects/ Data (ETL) projects
- Big data and Hadoop concepts solid understanding using Apache Spark/ Azure Databricks
- Power BI development experience
Not must but good to have skills,
- Good to have exposure on Microsoft BI stack- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL Server
- Understanding of Snowflake service
- Knowledge of other Azure Data services is plus
- .Net language exposure is plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent/ Master's degree in Statistics or Machine learning/Data Science
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN