Project Engineer - Site Development
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4103
Requisition Number: R1498
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Project Engineer - Manufacturing Site Development integrates and supports Polaris Central Operations Supply Plants and other Non ORV/On Road Plants including NorthStar Precision Vietnam (Hanoi, Vietnam), WSI (Monticello, MN), Polaris Engines (Osceola, WI), Polaris Battle Ground (Battle Ground, Washington), Polaris Boats (Multiple Sites in Indiana) and others as requested. . Will act as a consultant/liaison between these sites and core Polaris sites and Corporate based teams. Will lead the development of robust processes to ensure the safety, quality, cost, VIP and delivery of products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead multiple concurrent projects that could range from any manufacturing or operations related area of need (EHS, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, New Product Introduction, Material Flow, Supply Chain/Logistics or Lean).
- Transfer applicable knowledge, processes, equipment, and best practices.
- Interact with various groups throughout the organization to identify, obtain, and analyze relevant information
- Establish metrics in alignment with core Polaris operations and businesses as well as VIP.
- Work with sites to identify, obtain, and analyze relevant information to evaluate items such as total delivered cost, execution feasibility, inherent risks, and potential alternatives.
- Identify, recommend and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Design and develop analysis tools and processes as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS in engineering, business, or related field
- 3+ years related experience, preferably in a similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects with globally located, cross functional teams
- Strong influence and project management skills to drive change
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated competence in manufacturing processes at the plant and/or corporate level, including Polaris PDP
- Working knowledge of manufacturing cost drivers and accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability to operate throughout ambiguous situations
- Strong experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Polaris' products, production technologies and Lean management processes required
- Ability to quickly learn and gain new skills when needed
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment and pivot quickly on priorities with flexibility
- Sensitivity to and willingness to learn new cultural norms
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time. Travel is weekday travel, mainly domestic with the possibility of International.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer - Site Development
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US