Publications Supervisor, Owner's Manuals
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4107
Requisition Number: R1517
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Publications Supervisor, Owner's Manuals will supervise the activities of the staff including the scheduling, creation, updating, translation, management and publishing of all Polaris Owner's Manuals. This is a crucial role within the Technical Publications Service team as effective Polaris Owner's Manuals are required for vehicle production and continued vehicle support after-sale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the staff to ensure optimum performance and quality of work. Provide timely feedback to team members on their performance throughout the year.
- Assist the teams with planning and scheduling the work activity to meet the deadlines for vehicle production.
- Review documentation created by the team for accuracy, completeness and quality.
- Provide guidance, training and mentoring to staff on Polaris procedures and best practices for writing and data management.
- Work closely with internal customers to ensure information required by the Publications team is being provided in a timely manner. Conduct weekly meetings as needed to understand the status, coordinate timing and discuss requirements.
- Partner with external vendors for printing, translations and contract writing resources.
- Collect and manage department metrics to monitor progress and display the status of technical publications activity.
- Review potential candidates and conduct interviews for full time and temporary roles. Make a hiring recommendation on which candidate is best suited to be added to the Technical Publications team for open roles.
- Write and deliver annual performance evaluations for the Technical Publication staff.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- We are seeking a very detail-oriented, highly organized person that has the ability succeed in an environment with changing priorities and workloads. The ideal candidate will possess a sincere desire to exceed customer's expectations, have effective verbal and written communication skills and an understanding of the writing/printing/publishing industry. The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential as our manuals are required for vehicle production.
- A Bachelor's degree in communication, technical writing, engineering, or a related field is required. A minimum of 5 years previous technical writing or publications experience is required.
- Experience with PTC's Arbortext, Windchill and Creo Illustrate is a plus. Experience with Polaris products is a plus.
Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment. Travel as needed (approximately 5-10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Publications Supervisor, Owner's Manuals
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US