Assembly Operator -2nd Shift Part Time (Monday & Friday)
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 4116
Requisition Number: R1572
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The regular work schedule for this part-time role will be Monday from 4:00 pm-12:30 am and Friday from 4:00 pm-12:30 am. (Schedule subject to change due to business need.)
Perform a wide variety of tasks as assigned, including preparing or building up vehicle parts, sub-systems, and components. Install subsystems, parts, and components into a vehicle on a moving assembly line and perform inspections to ensure good quality. The first section below outlines the essential functions of the assembler job. Assemblers must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely use and operate various tools including power tools, hoists, and production equipment.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards).
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow established processes and instructions.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Participate in continuous improvement process.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 18 years of age or older.
Have a basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Use air/power/vibrating tools and do strong, pincher gripping.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities.
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly Operator -2nd Shift Part Time (Monday & Friday)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US