Sr. Internal Auditor
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4143
Requisition Number: R1757
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for the completion of Internal Audit projects through the entire project life cycle - from identification, planning, performance, gap/issue assessment, reporting, and assisting in the development of and tracking status of process improvement action plans. Responsible for projects measuring and evaluating the design and effectiveness of the Company's processes and controls related to accounting, finance, operations, compliance, and information technology systems. Lead discussions with all levels of management to engage stakeholders in the process to develop and perform a risk-based approach. Collaborate with chief audit executive to drive process and quality improvements within the Internal Audit department and organization-wide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform cross functional, cross business unit, global audit projects, including compliance, operational, and process design-focused risk assessment projects.
- Proactively engage functional and business unit partners to understand and assess broad implications of process and system changes throughout the organization.
- Lead multiple on-going projects; effectively prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Collaborate with team to determine and execute audit procedures for reviews of domestic and international operations with independence, objectivity and a high degree of professionalism; including conducting interviews, reviewing process and transaction flows, detailed testing of transactions and processes, making inquiries and observations, and analyzing trends and results.
- Prepare materials for executive management and the Audit Committee with objective analysis and develop recommendations when current practices are not consistent with company policies and/or fail to provide appropriate risk mitigation.
- Develop and present creative alternatives and recommended solutions to complex problems, including cross functional processes which involve multiple process owners and stakeholders across multiple systems and locations.
- Identify opportunities for and drive process improvement within department and throughout the organization to create operational efficiencies.
- Interact with internal business partners to confirm, clarify, or supplement facts.
- Coordinate and manage relationship with external auditors and management to support completion of annual audit and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance.
- Assist in the evaluation of the Company's risk profile and performance of risk assessments to develop a comprehensive internal audit plan.
- Identify and lead special projects to meet department objectives.
- Benchmark company accounting, reporting, information technology, and risk management practices against industry peers, other Fortune 500 companies, and Twin Cities counterparts. Provide recommendations for process improvements to be considered by management.
- Monitor changes in regulations that may have an impact on the company and proactively provide alternative solutions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, MIS, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting, industry, and/or internal audit (financial statement and/or IT audit), preferably with a manufacturing or retail industry focus
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or operational, process improvement projects
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification(s) preferred
- Familiarity with AS/400 is a plus
- Demonstrated integrity and sound decision-making
- Strong personal drive, initiative, and persistence
- Self-starter with the flexibility to work independently with minimal supervision or in a group environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Agile and flexible approach
- Ability to notice and attend to details
- Effectively project manage multiple projects and competing priorities to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Proficient in auditing principles, practices, and procedures to complete complex assignments
- Proven experience working and communicating effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions and across cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills to all levels of management
- Experience with technical report writing and advanced grammar proficiency
- Proficiency in developing creative and effective presentation materials using various mediums
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Fast-paced, high-change office environment
- Travel, including international locations (up to 25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Internal Auditor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US