Database Administrator, Infrastructure
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4147
Requisition Number: R1764
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Monitor database performance and health in on-premise and cloud environments
- Respond to system-generated alerts for failed database jobs and deployments
- Peer review database scripts for industry best practices and Polaris standards
- Perform database backups & restores as requested
- Resolve user-submitted requests for access, deployment, and troubleshooting assistance
- Provision and configure databases in accordance with established enterprise standards
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
Education and Background:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 3-6 years of experience in Database Administration in an enterprise environment
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience configuring Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and higher
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS technologies
- Familiarity with common database performance metrics & tuning practices
- Familiarity with Active Directory as a method of granting access to SQL Databases
- Ability to troubleshoot failed SSIS packages in partnership with development teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience working with cloud database technologies - including Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Paas Databases, Azure Managed Instances, or equivalent
- Experience working with the Rubrik backup solution for databases
- Experience working with the ServiceNow ticketing system
- Familiarity with high-availability solutions such as Always On and Log Shipping
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Must be able to lift 40+ pound equipment.
- Office and production (factory) environment.
- Infrequent travel will be required.
- Participation in a global on-call rotation
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator, Infrastructure
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN