Electrical Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4183
Requisition Number: R1701
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for performing the coordination of system-level integration of platform components and controllers of Commercial Vehicle electrical systems. The Systems Integration engineer ensures vehicle system-level integration considerations among components are specified, considered, and implemented appropriately in product applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focuses on the technical integration of controllers, components, and interconnects for complex systems such as Autonomous Sensors and Systems, Power Steering, Vehicle Control Modules, Batteries and other common components and controllers.
- Creates vehicle-level system integration requirements and prepares documentation and requirements that can be distributed and clearly communicated to cross-functional teams developing cross-platform components.
- Responsible for translating business unit requirements into vehicle-level system integration requirements and documentation that accurately reflect the needs and wants of the business while also accounting for the defined system constraints, and that can be distributed and clearly communicated to cross-functional teams developing cross-platform components
- Design control strategies that define the interface between numerous complex vehicle control modules to meet the technical requirements for a given feature.
- Focuses on platform-based strategy designs that meet both the immediate needs of the business unit as well as the perceived or real future needs of the same or other business units
- Provides templates and assists in performing HARA and DFMEA at the system level for integrated components.
- Interacts with internal lead systems engineers, controller lead engineers, and other peripheral support teams such as purchasing, testing, manufacturing, and external suppliers as needed for the successful completion of projects
- Analyzes field problems in order to recommend and implement solutions
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical/Computer/Systems Engineering or closely related curriculum required
- Understanding and experience with circuit design, system-level design, component specifications, and requirements management
- Experience developing, testing, or implementing infotainment systems and corresponding system-level design and implementation
- Familiarity with CAN bus operation and the SAE J1939 standards
- Experience using tools to perform Electrical System analysis (SPICE, Matlab, others) Excellent verbal and written communication skills Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
Some travel required to support vehicle builds and interface with suppliers (US and International) Fast-paced office and lab environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Systems Integration Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US