Tech, Plastic I
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4194
Requisition Number: R1285
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: The Plastic Technician position must exhibit a high level of knowledge in the injection molding process. He/she should be comfortable making significant technical decisions. The more experience, the higher the Grade. Technicians separate themselves from the other technicians by demonstrating exceptional leadership abilities, and have certain leadership responsibilities for a shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support training and development of other technicians.
• Provide technical support to supervisor.
• Conduct new tool and material tryouts.
• Oversee mold changes and startups.
• Aid in development of setup sheets.
• Start-up injection molding process adjustments.
• Perform mold and insert changes.
• Clean molds prior to, during, and after a production run.
• Prepare molds for installation.
• Assist in mold maintenance activities.
•Perform color changes.
• Clean and prepare auxiliary equipment for manufacturing.
• Maintain clean work environment.
• Assure correct raw materials are at the press.
• Operate injection-molding press when needed.
• Perform tasks as assigned by shift supervisor.
• Work to maintain production schedule.
• Participate in PCI teams.
• Assist other Plastic Technicians.
• Complete training requirements.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must demonstrate leadership potential.
• Must have proven knowledge of the injection molding process.
• Must be able to install and extract injection molds.
• Must be able to troubleshoot injection-molding process.
• Must demonstrate effective communication skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
• Must be innovative an open to new ideas.
• Must have acceptable or above rating on annual performance review.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or GED. 2-year degree or completion of Grade 2, 3 & 4 training requirements, or equivalent work experience. Positions are posted internally for 3 days. If you are interested in applying for this position, submit An internal application to HR within 3 days of the internal posting date above. Selection of candidates is based on the skills and knowledge of the applicant and what is required to perform the job.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Tech, Plastic I
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US