Tech, Tool & Die III - Injection Molding
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4195
Requisition Number: R1877
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
TITLE: Mold Technician - Injection Mold Tool & Die
DEPARTMENT: 658 Plastic Plant
REPORTS TO: Tooling Engineer
Grade: Hourly Non-Exempt
To insure all Molds are maintained in a manner to produce the best Quality part and the ability to provide knowledge for future mold designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must comply with all safety and housekeeping rules and regulations
- Must be able to perform MIG/TIG welding
- Must be able to determine corrective actions required on a mold and perform maintenance
and repairs to molds. Replace broken pins and lifters etc.
- Must be able to maintain Inventory accuracy of all stocked components.
- Must be able to identify worn or damaged parts and submit parts lists to Tooling Engineer.
- Must be able to develop records and perform PM schedules for all molds
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be a self-starter, good-time management skills and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to read Mold Prints.
- Willingness to be on-call status on weekends.
- Willingness to work with other Technicians as needed.
- Must be a Leader.
- Must to able to train other Technicians on proper Mold Maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to prepare Molds for Production needs.
- Perform mechanical skills, including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulictroubleshooting and repair of molds.
- Perform all other duties as required or assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Must be able to set-up and operate all equipment to do the job functions.
- Must have a 2year Degree in Machine Trades
- Must have 5 years of Injection Mold design and building.
- CAD/CAM a plus
- Operate manual and CNC equipment including mills, lathes, drill presses & band saws.
- Must understand Mold tolerancing
Manufacturing area and must be able to supply your own tools for Mold Maintenance.
Positions are posted internally for 3 days. If you are interested in applying for this position, submit an internal application to HR within 3 days of the internal posting date above. Selection of candidates is based on the skills and knowledge of the applicant and what is required to perform the job.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Tech, Tool & Die III - Injection Molding
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US