Validation Engineer - ORV
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4207
Requisition Number: R2055
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and complete the DVP&R for Off road vehicle programs assigned.
- Lead the durability portion of the DVP&R throughout the program.
- Lead the testing of integrated systems and full vehicle level testing.
- Be a resource to systems engineers to collect data or test design improvements for the resolution of issues found during testing.
- Field test planning, support, and issue resolution.
- Help with the creation of documents, processes, and procedures for testing and validation of off-road products.
- Communication of the DVP&R status to project team and management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related engineering fields.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experienced with data processing and collection using AIM & Edaq or similar.
- Electrical component test experience preferred
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experienced with test planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of field and lab testing with reliability metrics and targets.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Title to be based on previous relevant experience
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Travel up to 10%.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Validation Engineer - ORV
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US