Mgr, Engineering-Snow Systems & Design
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4244
Requisition Number: R2152
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Snow Engineering Systems & Design Manager
Develops and manages vehicle systems and design team. Ensures excellent execution of strategy, planning, and tactics to achieve organizational goals. Focus on systemic process improvements within the Snowmobile Engineering group by developing standard work, systems and best practices necessary to continuously improve Polaris Snowmobile development processes and snowmobile quality. Specific focus and effort to be placed in the Snowmobile design function and supplier communication to proactively drive to meet safety & quality standards. In addition, must also work with service, purchasing, and internal manufacturing. Qualified candidate should be able to analyze issues, determine measurement and containments plans and effectively communicate with internal stake holders as well as domestic and foreign suppliers. Position may be located in either the Roseau, MN or the Wyoming MN development centers with frequent travel back and forth between sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the team well. Build and mentor team members. Attract, retain & develop key talent
- Motivate, coach, develop and directs employees to further organizational objectives and promote employee development
- Responsible for employee hiring, compensation recommendations, and discipline
- Develops, manages and controls departmental budget
- Drive excellence in vehicle architecture, design, platforming and systems engineering
- Sign off on key project milestones & technical processes. Including ARR, PDR, CDRs
- Participate & co-lead Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews as well as participate in Service Rapid Response Meetings.
- Initiate and facilitate techniques and training for technical staff. Examples include setting up training for aspects of APQP, DFA/M, FMEA, GD&T and other standardized systems
- Manage root cause analysis activities through tools such as A3 and 8D. Own and assist in CAPAs to drive corrective action and preventative action
- Gather, analyze, track and report on consumer quality information including warranty & NPS
- Interact and direct resources at multiple engineering sites.
- Support program technical needs (domestic and international travel can be required).
- Identify new products or feature opportunities and present preliminary cost weight, performance and tooling estimates to senior management for review.
- Provide production support and training during pilots of new models or features.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. degree in technical field required (BSME or equivalent preferred)
- Advanced degree desirable (Science or Business)
- Ten plus years of experience in Product Engineering required
- Three years of Engineering leadership/supervision preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, Engineering-Snow Systems & Design
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US