Location: Sandpoint, Idaho US
Job Number: 4255
Requisition Number: R2148
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Product Specialist is responsible for assisting the functions of Sales, Marketing, and Product Planning for Timbersled under the direction of the Product Director. The Product Specialist will support retail and wholesale initiatives by supplementing the sales team in the area of Timbersled dealer activation. The Product Specialist will also assist in the development and execution of demo plans, product training, marketing assets, and launch plans. All to ensure the commercial success of all new products, and all guided by the "Voice of The Customer". A key member of the division's Product Team that works together to continue to build the Timbersled business for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for delivering retail and wholesale targets, as well as day to day account management, for Timbersled-only dealers
• Support Field Sales and all dealers regarding "how to retail" a Timbersled
• Collaborate with Sales organization to identify retail gaps and implement solutions
• Partner with Field Sales on training opportunities and sharing of best practices to increase retail across dealer network
• Develop and execute in-season sell-in strategies and plans to ensure wholesale goals for business are met
• Represent division and company at various industry events including dealer/DSM meetings, trade association meetings, and promotional events
• Support demo plan development and lead execution of select events
• Serve as key product interface for Marketing inputs - Review brochures, web info, press kit information for accuracy.
• Develop and implement product training and marketing videos to help grow retail
• Develop and maintain key competitive segment analysis & summaries - specs, capabilities, timing, pricing
• Support "Timbersled Product Pro" initiative through direct interaction with consumers
• Support Ambassador program lead with product expertise
Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent required. MBA a plus.
• 3-5 years of experience minimum of relevant sales and marketing or product development experience preferred.
• Must be able to use product competently. Extensive knowledge of dirt bikes and other powersports and/or automotive products a plus.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Polaris Senior Management, to members of the press to dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs).
• Team Player that is able to work well across and up and down the organization.
• Strong customer focus. Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques a plus.
• Standard office environment. Regular trips to Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
• Some travel (20-30%) will be required primarily throughout US & Canada
• Dealership visits required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Specialist-Timbersled
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sandpoint, Idaho US