Lead Thermal Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4260
Requisition Number: R2203
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Primary Technical Lead for Thermal Process Development and Application
- Provides leadership and technical expertise in the design process focused on thermal management of On-Road and Off-Road vehicles
• Influences and steers technical teams on proper approach and design for thermal management
• Participates in technical reviews across product groups providing guidance on technical specifications, designs, material selection and validation methods.
• Performs industry research and benchmarking of best practices related to thermal design and material selection.
• Identifies safety improvement opportunities and works with system peer teams to implement.
• Provides support and guidance for component and product validation.
• Assists with the investigation of product related issues when needed.
• Facilitates root cause analyses.
• Assists with many fast pace projects across multiple product groups.
• Additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Required - Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or similar field.
• 8+ years of experience in an engineering design, development, or testing role in thermal management of vehicles using internal combustion engines. Prefer addition of electric powertrain knowledge/experience.
• Expert knowledge of thermal shielding materials for exhaust systems and surrounding vehicle components.
• Understand thermal management of internal combustion engines. In addition, prefer knowledge of electric powered vehicles.
• Experience in using CFD as predictive tool for thermal management relative to cooling, exhaust, and engine compartments in vehicles.
• Prefer experience using DFMEA's and/or PFMEA's in product development.
• Fast-paced office environment.
• Occasional travel may be required (primarily between Polaris facilities, but may include other travel in the U.S. or internationally).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Thermal Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US