Systems Engineer / Sr. / Staff
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4263
Requisition Number: R2076
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for leading the design, development, and validation of Off Road Vehicle (ORV) enclosures (doors, windows, front/rear windshield, roof, etc.) using a Systems Engineering Approach. Work closely with program architects and product management to define key enclosure deliverables, create and execute industry-leading designs that align with Sourcing plans, and work with Operations to develop and execute manufacturing strategies that ensure production success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain original specifications, DFMEA, and DVP&R.
- Supports component design, styling, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure the enclosures are meeting required specifications.
- Supports the validation and manufacturing strategy for all enclosure sub-system variants from concept through production.
- Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
- Determines the ideal component manufacturing method to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met.
- Collaborates with designers and engineers inside and outside the team.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
- Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System and ensures their timely release.
- Works closely with vendors for the development of new accessory offerings.
- Leads and participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
- Analyze field problems and determine corrective actions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Required-B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 2-8 years related design or system engineering experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with desire to drive vehicles for development and testing purposes.
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package required, CREO preferred.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package preferred.
- Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software preferred.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and travel to domestic and international technology partners.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast paced work environment.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer / Sr. / Staff
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US