Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 4275
Requisition Number: R2248
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Weld, Tube Fab, and Metal PaintManager to ensure that the site workforce is deployed to execute strategic priorities across all departments and both shifts.
- Work cross functionally with Metal Paint supervisors and manager to optimize product flow through the entire work stream to meet production needs.
- Develop and understand Polaris products (business understanding and acumen).
- Provides day-to-day leadership and supervision in the achievement of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Schedule Attainment, Employee Programs and Cost and help to prepare and maintain GEMBA boards in each area.
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional groups (managers, project leads, quality, Mfg. engineers, etc.)
- Audit and monitor and ensure a Safe work environment. Correct Safety issues as identified.
- Ensure compliance to Safety, Quality, Environmental and Productivity standards.
- Partner with training group to support new hire and ongoing training needs for the area.
- Assign work tasks according to priority and Employee skills to meet or exceed the production schedule. Plans and organizes activities to meet production deadlines.
- Encourage proper work performance by departmental employees through positive reinforcement. Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed.
- Provide mentorship to supervisors in both departments on both shifts as needed.
- Fill in for supervisors as needed to cover their absences.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects and Encourage others to participate.
- Assist in preparation of department budgets and adhere to it.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and records, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Establish work priorities and provide direction to all production areas. Drive process consistency and standardization across all production areas.
Skills & Knowledge:
- 7+ years of Manufacturing Leadership experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
- A proven leader with a solid track record of successful managing a multiple department facility.
- Strong business acumen: able to translate the needs of the core business to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent leadership, influence, and communication skills.
- Identifies, deploys and develops highly talented employees with future potential.
- Creates an environment where employees work together effectively to achieve goals.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Backshop Superintendent
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US