Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4283
Requisition Number: R2275
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Join the Polaris Product Compliance Team and actively maintain product certifications for All Terrain Vehicles and Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles. Track and implement new global product regulations. Support product development and compliance systems in a diverse cross functional team environment with hands on exposure to Polaris products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain and maintain regulatory certifications of assigned Polaris products, including emissions, noise, vehicle safety, and other certification types.
- Ensure compliance with US EPA, CARB, ANSI/SVIA, ANSI/ROHVA, ANSI/OPEI, US Forest Service, Transport Canada, EU type approval, and other international requirements.
- Prepare deliverables for stage gate product development process (PDP) reviews.
- Support engineering research and development activities to ensure compliance by design for new products.
- Plan and coordinate with engineering, manufacturing, sales, and marketing to achieve timely market introductions.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and third-party certification authorities.
- Resolve product compliance issues as they arise.
- Provide input to industry associations and stay informed of new requirements.
- Maintain and support development of compliance processes and systems.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Prior experience in product compliance and/or vehicle certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with global partners
- Motorsports enthusiast with vehicle systems knowledge
- Self-starter who can apply engineering principles to regulatory requirements
- High ethical standards and excellent research and communication skills
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment
- North American and International scope
- Limited travel required (10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Regulatory Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US