Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4285
Requisition Number: R2173
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for providing support to the Parts, Garments, & Accessories (PG&A) business unit. Supports the PG&A business unit with accounting support, financial and business analysis. Leads month-end close process, cost accounting, and process improvement. Prepares weekly/monthly management reporting.Supports the PGA Finance digital transformation, guiding in new tools and reporting solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the PG&A team for month end close preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, completeness & accuracy tests.
- Maintain and document processes and procedures to comply with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Design new controls and processes to enable compliance as the business changes.
- Provides timely and robust daily/monthly reporting to business partners, currently including daily revenue, PPV reporting and inventory health analysis - inclusive of clearance, obsolescence, and reserve insights.
- Coordinate documentation and review of financial processes for improvements.
- Collaborate with corporate accounting - including process changes and resolution of issues.
- Collaborate with purchasing and category teams on item cost management
- Proactively work with cross functional team members to identify areas of opportunity and provide input to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Ownership / Design of reporting: works cross functionally to provide data solutions to our team and business partners in a controlled and easy to use environment.
- Drive quality and continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Perform miscellaneous projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft tools
- Exhibits strong professionalism.
- Strong individual initiative, high attention to detail, and deadline oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- 3 -5 years of experience in finance/accounting preferred.
Dynamic fast-paced cross functional team environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Accountant
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US