Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 4290
Requisition Number: R2316
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris Industries designs and manufactures a wide array of off-road vehicles as well as the Indian Motorcycle product line.
The new and rapidly growing Polaris site in Battle Ground, WA designs and manufactures innovative digital gauges and infotainment displays for Polaris products, Trail Tech products, and for OEM customers. This Group Lead position is responsible for leading, motivating, coaching, and communicating with a team of 10-15 operators. Using daily problem solving skills to improve quality, safety, and employee engagement.
- Identify and remove obstacles that interfere with Operator's standard work.
- Support daily production by quickly containing and escalating problems that disrupt the line.
- Support team supervisor and performs supervisory duties when manager is absent.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and support quality initiatives within the department to achieve industry leading quality and customer service.
- Document problems for root cause analysis and countermeasures.
- Eliminate waste and drive incremental improvements.
- Audit and give feedback on Operator standard work compliance.
- Direct and execute daily work assignments as mandated by department needs and schedules.
- Establish visual management to improve processes using tools.
- Run team meetings, working with team to improve performance in safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Assist management with the hiring process and new team member training.
- Work with peer leads and supervisor to manage vacations and call-ins.
- Support consistent operator training to increase process efficiency while utilizing the cross-training matrix to develop complete set of skills in your area.
- Provide situational leadership and supervision and support Polaris culture and values.
- Participate in employee development, coaching, and mentoring.
- Develop trust within employee groups through fairness, confidentiality, and leadership.
- Communicate effectively through all department levels to provide a clear and consistent message in a changing environment.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees throughout department.
- 1-3 years previous Team/Group Lead experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project) and other Windows applications
- Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Self-directed and motivated
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Stand and walk for the duration of assigned shift.
- Four-year college degree
- Working knowledge of applicable MAPICS modules
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Group Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US