Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4294
Requisition Number: R2332
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Polaris Desktop Admin team works closely with the key members of the Infrastructure and IS Security teams to drive the overall design and implementation of the Polaris Client architecture. This role is responsible for evaluating new technologies and recommending solutions that improve the user experience, security, stability, and increased productivity. A successful candidate will have technical leadership and a track record of leading technology progression in the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, evaluate, and recommend innovative client solutions.
- Develop and maintain operational support procedures for the client environment.
- Work within IS and the business to implement new processes and software solutions that meet Polaris security standards and deliver a productive solution to the end customer.
- Provide expert technical guidance and best practices for traditional desktop client management.
- Aid in the development of strategic client roadmaps and standards.
- Achieve and maintain relevant industry certifications
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Resolve global issues or problems within a global organization.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation and follows best practices in application and system environments.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Information management or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of experience of supporting client operating systems.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Intune management and implementation for mobile devices.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting Casper Suite JAMF is preferred.
- Experience in administering and supporting Mac OS.
- Experience in System Center Configuration Manager 2012 or Current Branch.
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting Windows Group Policy.
- Experience in supporting standard workstation images for desktops and laptops.
- Experience administering and supporting patch distribution management.
- Experience using PowerShell, Visual Basic, and command line commands.
- Experience administering and supporting Active Directory.
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system for ITIL tracking within the enterprise.
- Experience in supporting virtual workstations using VMware or other virtual platform.
- Office and production (factory) environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Admin
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US