Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX
Job Number: 4300
Requisition Number: R2226
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Perform proactive Quality Assurance responsibilities and support Supplier development actions for all purchased components; systems; and wholegoods that contribute to successful product launches and support existing production quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review designs / components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Inspection Characteristics (KICs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Lead NPIs with suppliers using APQP process to ensure successful new product launches.
- Perform Supplier On-Site quality audits to evaluate Quality Management System, Process Capability and Production Readiness.
- Assist Suppliers to maintain 100% PPAP compliance for all Preproduction builds and Production builds.
- Train suppliers to effectively execute APQP, PPAPs and Corrective Actions/Preventative Actions (CAPA).
- Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at Polaris suppliers to help reduce process variability and achieve process control.
- Lead problem solving activities for supplier caused quality issues and report out status to stakeholders.
- Drive suppliers PPM reduction with zero PPM mind set
- Perform production readiness assessments (PPAP reviews) at supplier facilities for high risk suppliers/components. Report readiness status and action plans on deficiencies.
- Provide support and feedback to Product Groups when determining existing supplier suitability for future business awards.
- Perform special projects as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Engineering required. Preference for BSME.
- Minimum3 - 5years' experience in supplier quality or quality engineering.
- Experience in combustion engine manufacturing.
- Casting and Machining manufacturing process experience desired.
- Strong problem solving skills. Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports.
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to PPAP, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Management Systems.
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Ability to work under pressurewith multiple tasks/projects and assign priorities.
- Six Sigma and/or Red X methodologies experience are a plus.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Position will require 30% travel.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: Nuevo Leon
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX