Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4307
Requisition Number: R2405
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Works with the core Electrified & Autonomous Systems team, the Connected, Electronics, and Software (CES) team & the product team's electrical engineers to understand and decompose vehicle system level requirements into controller hardware and software requirements. Document hardware, software requirements, and validation tests using Integrity (a requirement and software development database application). Interfaces with vendor(s) and Polaris Purchasing as needed for component/module development, ensuring quality is met. Interfaces with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to ensure all functionality is compatible. Performs calibration of the controller as needed. Manages on bench/vehicle control module validation of HW and SW including interfacing with technicians for execution Optimizes controller design and manages re-use to serve multiple product lines and functionality requirements with the shortest design cycle times possible Updates team on controller development schedule/status to clarify deliverable expectations Other duties as required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
1. B.S. or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering required.
2. Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required
3. Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low-level software verification, and related documentation required
4. Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
5. Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
6. Experience with Electric & Hybrid Powertrain vehicle control strategies is strongly preferred
7. Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required
8. Experience with communication networks required, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred
9. Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management preferred.
10. Experience in project management strongly preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN