Supply Chain Operations Intern Summer 2021
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4318
Requisition Number: R2409
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment.Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Supply Chain Operations Internship program is a 12-week program designed for future leaders who seek a culture built on innovative, passionate and collaborative individuals. As a Supply Chain intern you could work in Supplier Quality, Supplier Development, Purchasing, Materials or Logistics, and Lean. Selected students are matched with the opportunity best suited to their strengths and the needs of the business.
Supply Chain internship assignments could include (but are not limited to):
• Facilitating improvement of global supplier metrics across the Polaris supply base
• Supporting manufacturing or product engineering teams with the resolution of top quality and warranty issues, applying advanced statistical analysis, problem solving techniques and quality tools
• Assisting with supplier assessments, validating corrective actions, or negotiating prices
• Working closely with Purchasing and Materials to manage quality, cost, delivery and logistics
• Forecasting cost, volume, compatibility and quality of future packing methods
• Optimizing utilization of assets used in material movement globally throughout the company
Interns are typically placed in any of the following locations: Osceola, WI; Roseau, MN; Spirit Lake, IA; Huntsville, AL; and Wyoming, MN.
Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on graduation date eligibility.
Polaris offers both financial housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify. Intern responsibilities include:
- Transportation to/from office
- Securing housing for the duration of the internship
- Attending Polaris' Development Training in Minnesota as an opportunity to meet with leaders and other interns from across the company
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or related degree with an interest in pursuing a career in Supply Chain, Materials, Procurement or Logistics
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, preferred
- Able to complete full 12-week internship working 40 hours per week (May/June-August 2021)
- Geographic flexibility
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Operations Intern Summer 2021
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US