Human Resources Manager EHSS & Facilities, GPSQ, MPL
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4319
Requisition Number: R2421
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) is a strategic business partner to three functions within Global Operations: Environmental Health, Safety and Security and Facilities; Global Product Safety and Quality; and Materials, Planning and Logistics (MPL). In this strategic and hands-on role, you will partner with the leaders of each of these organizations to ensure human capital initiatives support the strategic priorities of the business. You will find and develop top-tier talent, shape employee culture and engagement, and design the organization to achieve long-range plans of the business (strategy, structure, people, processes and rewards). The HRG also demonstrates HR functional excellence and strong partnership with our HR Centers of Excellence in the execution of HR initiatives and annual processes (HRIS, Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Talent: Lead Talent Management Life-cycle (Attract, Select, Orient, Develop, Deploy, Assess, Reward)
- Partner with leaders and leverage COE partners to attract diverse, world-class talent that advances capability needs defined in the business plan
- Lead succession planning through intentional development of key talent
- Build and maintain a strong leadership team through coaching, mentoring and development at all levels.
Culture: Build a culture that exemplifies Polaris values and drives employer of choice status.
- Actively foster a positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, team effectiveness and integration, and employer of choice status
- Lead Diversity and Inclusion initiative to enable business strategy
- Partner with key HR and business leaders to support and define cultural, engagement, and change initiatives and implementation plans
- Maintain visible and active presence within the team to identify, communicate and problem-solve employee relations issues
Organization: Design an organization built to succeed
- Identify key capabilities aligned with business goals, conduct gap analysis, and develop and implement org and talent strategies to close gaps
- Utilize data to identify and execute opportunities for organizational efficiencies
- Lead Performance Management efforts to maintain culture of high performance
Functional Excellence: Deliver excellent HR functional service
- Develop and execute annual HR plans that address client HR issues and align with client business agenda and priorities
- Lead HR processes such as organizational development and effectiveness, performance management, talent acquisition, training initiatives, career development, compensation, positive employee relations and HR policy and strategy development
- Coach, counsel and direct leadership regarding Company policies and employment law. Ensure fairness and consistency.
- Day-to-day HR tasks and other duties and projects as required or assigned.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Willing and able to courageously push back or challenge the status quo
- Change management, org design, org effectiveness and facilitation skills
- Proven effectiveness in a dynamic, matrix, global environment
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Proven track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives
- Experience with global mobility and immigration administration
- Experience with HR metrics and data to provide decision support
- Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Manager EHSS & Facilities, GPSQ, MPL
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US