Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4387
Requisition Number: R2659
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of Polaris' products. You will work collaboratively with engineers, project leaders, and other experts to develop and maintain an electronic library of technical specifications, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Technical Writing
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Review and complete the initial reviews of submitted controlled documents by authors
- Maintain a comprehensive library of electronic documentation, ensuring that all engineering documents are meeting requirements and are reviewed at least annually
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Document Control
- Support Polaris' document control using the EtQ Reliance System.
- Identify document control process improvement opportunities and work with Engineering IS team to help complete and test selected improvement projects.
- Provide daily support to Document Control users and on-going system support as needed.
- Help develop or update document control training materials and tutorials.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technical Communications, Organizational Effectiveness, or similar field preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience 3-4 years working in a technical writing position
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with EtQ Reliance system (preferred) or another document control system
- Strong ability to write in instructive and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Strong attention to detail with prioritization and follow-up skill
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision
- Experience, and demonstrated success, working in a team-based environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN