Sr. Systems Engineer - CVT & Driveline Development and Integration:
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4398
Requisition Number: R2691
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Sr. Systems Engineer - CVT & Driveline System Development and Integration:
Design, develop and validate new and existing ORV CVT & Drivelinesystems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop industry leading ORVCVT & Driveline Systems.
- Support creation and maintenance of CVT & Driveline design guidelines, validation plans and communicate to the project and validation teams.
- Work with system engineers to develop support definition of project goals and detailed system specifications.
- Organize and conduct design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Ability to ride ATVs and SxSs for the purpose of field development and performance evaluation.
- Benchmark competitive designs.
- Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Design and develop system to meet vehicle level targets
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills & Knowledge
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or closely related curriculum required.
- 5+ years Design and development experience required.
- Understanding and experience with driveline and CVT components preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of driveline related component manufacturing processes including casting, forging, machining,complex plastic component molding (Blow molding, Injection Molding) and rubber hose / ducting (Injection molding, Mandrel molding)preferred.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with Pro-E andcomplex component design utilizing advanced surfacing.
- Understandingand/orexperience using FEA / CFDsoftware and data post processing for systems optimization preferred.
- Experience with GD&T, dimensional stack-ups and FMEA.
- Experience with detailed system specifications development.
- Understanding of bolted joint design.
- Experience designing parts to strength and weight targets.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Lab testing and data acquisition experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
- Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment with sense of urgency to deliver forward thinking, product preceding designs and technologies
- Frequent exposure to, and participation in, field and shop fabrication, testing, and development work across the ORV Product line
- Travel as needed (approx. up to 10%) for product research, development, and consumer facing opportunities
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Engineer - CVT & Driveline Development and Integration:
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US