Sr. Financial Analyst - Sunburst Category Team - Wave 3
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4427
Requisition Number: R2187
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Polaris is making a bold, strategic investment to improve our strategic sourcing process and consequently generate a high level of savings through improved performance.
- The completed diagnostic exercise identified significant cost savings opportunities that require a focused, precise approach led by our best employees.
- Apart from significant cost savings, this exercise promises an opportunity to transform our supply chain.
- You will be dedicated full-time to a cross-functional team that will work on one a category team. We will determine specific interest and fit during the interview/selection process.
- The team will work together for a period of 12-18 months.
- It's also important to note that for periods during the project, there will be heavy travel.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- This is a great opportunity for you to:
- Be part of a "category team" that is comprised of cross-functional, cross-business segment Polaris professionals.
- Visit Polaris and supplier facilities worldwide, learning Polaris needs/wants/interests, supplier capabilities and best practices.
- Represent Polaris to the global supply base.
- Represent your functional area of the business.
- Represent your function and category expertise.
- Provide critical input into supplier selections.
- Enhance your skills through robust training.
- As a result of this project, you will gain:
- Differential training, experiences and supply chain knowledge.
- Exposure to key resources across functions within the organization.
- Broad exposure to the global Polaris organization as well as executive leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Work directly with the category team to develop ideas or team requests into working solutions
- Act as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for any finance/accounting requirements received from Project Managers. Examples include: Financial statements, Accounting protocols and systems, Cost accounting, Variance analysis, Financial reporting, Forecasting, Budgeting, Cost reductions, Cost benefit analysis,
- Accompany project category team on site visits and provide expertise/analysis on supplier financials
- Examine supplier financial metrics (i.e. inventory turnover, throughput, cost per unit)
- Review and validate project savings baseline
- Act as a liaison between the project category team and Polaris Finance/Accounting function
- Advocate for Polaris financial goals in supplier negotiations (i.e. payment terms, FX rates)
Critical skills/competencies include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required
- Five plus years of related experience
- Ability to interpret data in Excel
- Existing knowledge of PII financial/data systems (nice to have)
- Ability to take a broad perspective
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Willingness to accept new ideas and challenge status quo
- Strong communication, critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Flexibility/agility to adjust responsibilities based on team needs
- Openness to training/learning
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Financial Analyst - Sunburst Category Team - Wave 3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US