Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4448
Requisition Number: R2899
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Provides accounting and finance support to the International business unit. Responsible for monthly financial reporting, P&L forecasting and budgeting consolidation, month-end close process and fiduciary analysis. This position works cross-functionally and cross-geographically to support the business and the fully loaded financial statements, delivering key financial and analytic deliverables in a timely manner. Additionally, supports/leads process improvements and other business initiatives as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key contributor to the reporting, accounting and analysis of the business unit financials, working with business managers to interpret financial information and drive decisions
- Carry out various FP&A and consolidating activities for the International business, coordinating with subsidiaries, ISMs (Int'l Sales Managers), global business unit teams and corporate
- Develop accurate periodic financial reports with analysis and variance explanations
- Support the development of accurate and timely reserve analysis for forecasting and quarterly reserve reviews
- Support various internal and external audit requests
- Provide monthly currency impact analyses
- Perform monthly close responsibilities, including journal entries and account reconciliations, and ensuring accurate, standardized financial reporting
- Prepare analysis, data and reporting for deferred profit monitoring and inter-company supporting month end close, budgeting and forecasting
- Own daily ship reporting and perform analysis of promotional programs
- Liaison for corporate/subsidiaries relating to legal, banking, service/warranty, tax, product costs, financial systems, etc
- Work with Global Operations team to manage logistics spend, develop logistics budgets and forecasts, and support logistic initiatives
- Provide pricing support during model year product launches, working cross-functionally with Global Operations team, subsidiaries and ISM's.
- Perform miscellaneous projects as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 4-7 years' experience in finance/accounting required
- OneStream experience a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships in a matrix environment, with multiple customers and locations
- Strong knowledge of Excel financial modeling and proficient in Powerpoint
- Strong analytical and communication skills, detail and deadline oriented
- International Finance experience preferred
- Standard, fast paced office environment
- Occasional international travel required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US