Quality Engineer - Electrical Systems
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4496
Requisition Number: R3064
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Electrical Systems Quality team is responsible for continual improvement of product and processes. The primary focus of this position is to drive continuous improvement using various data sources (i.e, warranty and suppliers). This Quality Engineer role will be asked to analyze relevant product safety and quality data, develop and prepare reporting on potential product problems, defects, and safety-related issues, as well as develop tools and processes that drive efficiencies and expanding capabilities within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Measure quality metrics for assigned projects. Assist in developing quality plans and tracking progress.
- Collaborate with various teams to develop and execute analytical approaches to identify and track potential emerging issues through data analysis
- Perform data review and analysis to identify and classify potential safety and quality issues
- Identify opportunities for work optimization and lead process improvements and dashboard development
- Support standard and ad-hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
- Clearly communicate analysis findings, summarize results and provide recommendations to varying levels of the organization
- Gather, analyze, track and report on warranty and other consumer quality information
- Support continuous improvement of quality tracking and reporting methods to reduce data analysis time and improve communication effectiveness. Work with engineering to assure quality lessons learned are captured, documented and incorporated into their specifications and validation plans
- Participate in key project milestones. Includes Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews
- Network with other quality engineers to review best practices.
- Support program technical needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Engineering (preferred)
- 5+ year of experience in technical or analytical role in the automotive industry, Electrical system specific experience preferred
- Analytical and mechanical abilities to review incomplete data sets, organize and communicate issues and trends to escalate to the appropriate team.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Experience in structured problem-solving methods preferred (i.e. 6 Sigma, Red X).
- Knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to FMEA, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Systems
- Prior experience in data queries, analysis, and report generation
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, data visualization tools (PowerBI, DAX/PowerQuery) and SQL for use in handling preparation and processing of large datasets is preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer - Electrical Systems
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN