Tech EHS II
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4513
Requisition Number: R3086
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Ensures compliance with Plant Safety rules, OSHA regulations and assists with environmental compliance to the facility. This includes local, state and federal requirements. Leads site initiatives to support the Polaris Safety & Health Policies and promotes cross-site consistency on facility safety and environmental programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a resource on issues related to safety, compliance, and training.
- Plan and coordinate safety training programs; prepare related materials; coordinate, schedule and present training classes; evaluate program effectiveness and recommend modifications.
- Conduct a variety of safety inspections and audits; ensure compliance with OSHA standards and correct on-the-spot safety violations; inform department of findings, recommend corrective or preventative measures, and perform follow-up inspections.
- Conducts employee training on safety programs (e.g. Hazcom/RTK, HAZWOPER, Fire protection, PPE, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Crane/Hoist inspection coordination, Compressed gases, Fall Protection, Ladder safety, Machine Guarding, Portable Power Tools, Forklift Operations).
- Conduct Ergonomic assessments and provide support and advice for the continuous improvement of job processes to reduce the risk of cumulative trauma disorders.
- Lead A-Team investigations to identify root cause of unplanned incidents.
- Conducts Tooling and fixture inspections to ensure design requirements are met.
- Inspect and ensure the ready status of emergency response equipment.
- Provide administrative safety support; prepare and compiles information for various reports.
- Maintain material safety data sheets; document training activities
- Order safety equipment for department vehicles and facilities.
- Oversee and lead the 2nd Shift First Responder Team.
- Provides technical assistance to plant personnel on safety and environmental issues.
- Serve as a resource on facility wide issues related to Safety, OSHA compliance, Site Security and employee training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have great communication, record keeping, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand OSHA safety rules & regulations.
- Must be able to conduct effective employee training programs.
- First Responder, First Aid, CPR certification will be required.
- Previous Safety experience a plus.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Tech EHS II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US