Welder (2nd Shift)
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 4545
Requisition Number: R3332
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform welding tasks based on production schedules.
- Inspect all parts prior to and following entering workstations assigned to; immediately report non-conformance issues to group leader and/or Supervisor.
- Perform quality testing and documentation as required.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records, including: labor reporting, move tickets, SPC charts etc.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards). •
- Rotate between workstations as assigned.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to nine hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities.
- Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
- High school diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older.
- 1 plus years of industry experience
- Ability to read and understand routings, work orders and production reports necessary.
• Working with hazardous materials and chemicals.
• Working in confined spaces.
• Will be required to wear the proper safety equipment and follow all safety guidelines.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Welder (2nd Shift)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US