Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4547
Requisition Number: R3194
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Network Administrator is responsible for the administration and monitoring of LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, implement, administer and optimize all network equipment including: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco wireless controllers, Cisco access points, and F5 BIG-IP LTM
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the network infrastructure.
- Configure new and existing technology solutions according to best practices.
- Manage and monitor existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and perform optimally.
- Assist in determining technology direction for LAN, WAN, wireless and load balancers
- Perform bandwidth analysis and capacity planning to ensure performance and scalability of network
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software solutions that will support current or future business needs.
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements quickly, correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Utilize technical knowledge to analyze, log, track and resolve complex software/hardware issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution.
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures.
- Provide remote support for our global operations.
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is required
- 3 - 5 years of corporate IT experience as a Network Administrator in a global environment
- LAN/WAN/Internet infrastructure design and support required. Understanding of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, static routes, and route maps
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, security, QoS and TCP/IP planning
- Working knowledge Cisco routers, switches, and wireless equipment required
- Knowledge of Internet firewall devices, security and monitoring utilizing Cisco ISE and ACS preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco DNA Center systems preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco/Viptela SD-WAN preferred
- Knowledge of F5 load balancers preferred
- Knowledge of structured cabling design preferred
- CCNA certification preferred
- Standard office environment
- Travel up to 10% for project implementation
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Network Administrator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US