Marketing Manager, Indian Motorcycles
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4552
Requisition Number: R3322
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Lead the development, execution, and measurement of paid media, owned content, earned media, and brand programs that build brand equity, awareness, and retail conversion. Work with the Marketing Director on the development of brand strategy, positioning, and creative. Lead consumer research and business analysis in partnership with the analyst team. Play a key role in long range brand strategy development, rider insight development, and competitive analysis. Lead all product launch efforts including cross-functional team management, content creation, and launch plans. Manage 2 direct reports and serve as key point of contact for paid media and creative agencies of record.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an annual digital marketing plan inclusive of website, social media, and email platforms. Set annual and monthly KPI targets and manage performance accordingly. Serve as key interface with creative and content agencies. Express brand positioning and key programs through digital platforms.
- Manage paid media strategy, plan development, and execution. Manage plan to achieve monthly and annual KPI targets. Serve as primary point of contact for media agency. Partner with Product Line Sales Manager to adjust media plan based on retail sales, competitive, and internal operational data.
- Lead all product launch and commercialization efforts, including paid/owner/earned launch plans, dealer and staff training, and retail looks of success.
- Work with Marketing Director to develop brand creative campaign expressed across paid, owned, and earned media channels. Serve as key point of contact for brand creative agency. Contribute to development and refinement of brand positioning, customer segmentation, and long range brand planning.
- Lead development of consumer insight research plan that will guide brand strategy and positioning. Work with creative agency of record and research vendors to execute consumer research, interpret results, and incorporate into brand strategies.
- Partner with cross functional teams to analyze business performance, develop insights and develop countermeasure recommendations. Serve as thought leader in weekly business performance reviews. Implement countermeasures with speed and precision.
- Serve as primary point of contact for creative agency of record, paid media agency, and social media agency.
- Supervise and track budgets for retail, digital, social media, paid media, and experiential marketing functional areas.
- Build and Enable a Highly Motivated and Capable Team both with direct reports and across the organization.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
5+ years relevant sales and marketing experience
Excellent communication skills
Proven track record of organization skills, project management and analytical skills
Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
Ability to demonstrate innovative approaches to solutions or problem solving
Ability to build and manage relationships
Standard office environment; domestic travel for brand planning sessions, dealer meetings, and agency summits. Travel up to 25% of days worked.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Manager, Indian Motorcycles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US