Sr. EHSS Engineering Manager
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4560
Requisition Number: R3386
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for providing strategic leadership for Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance across Polaris' Global Engineering organization. This position has primary responsibility for applying knowledge of systems engineering and environmental, health and safety principles to make sure that design processes, materials, manufacturing equipment and tooling will not cause harm to employees or the environment.
This leadership position will be a member of the Corporate EHS organization with dual reporting responsibilities to Polaris Vice President of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security and the Senior Vice President / Chief Technology Officer. The Global EHS Engineering leader will work with product development engineers across all GBUs and key business unit stakeholders across the global business unit organization to ensure that engineered systems provide acceptable levels ofoccupational health, safety and environmental performance. The individual in this rolemust demonstrate strong problem solving, hazard recognition and influencing skills.
The position will require up to 40% travel and maybe located in Wyoming or Roseau, MN, or flexible to other Engineering locations within Polaris. Primary location will work with employees and leadership at the Wyoming location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary point of contact for Polaris's Engineering and Product Development Teams with respect to compliance with all applicable, federal, state and local EHS regulations, Polaris objectives, policies and procedures in the countries where we operate.
- Accountable for implementing and championing proactive EHS strategies within the Engineering organization in order to achieve and maintain Polaris' goal of achieving a zero-incident culture.
- Participate in new product / process reviews to minimize manufacturing risk to an acceptable level.
- Lead a Team of EHS and Contract Security Professionals
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet EHS requirements and direct the installation of safety devices as necessary
- Establish guidelines and criteria for the identification and quantification of hazards and develop control plans to address risk.
- Provide advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of federal, state and local acts / regulations / requirements related to occupational health and safety in the US and international engineering locations.
- Partner with product development teams to incorporate sustainable design practices into the Product Development Process (PDP)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new and evolving industrial control mechanisms and champion design for safety best practices
- Ensure that key learnings from incident investigations, risk assessments, internal program reviews and audits are shared with engineering leadership and implemented.
- Lead safety best practice transfer efforts within organization and monitors implementation
- Conduct regular EHS performance reviews, assessments, audits and follow-up to ensure engineering locations are in compliance with regulatory and Polaris Corporate requirements.
- Support CAPA completion and validate actions have been implemented.
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking to bring new perspectives from different industries to bear on issues and problems.
- Manage worker compensation claims and files for the engineering organization with support from Polaris' Workers Compensation Leader.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related field combined with relevant work experience required (Master's degree strongly preferred).
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in industrial health and safety and 5+ years managing the, environmental, health and safety function in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing environment.
- Certification in safety, auditing, or environmental preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed; customer oriented and a strategic thinker
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detailed Knowledge of EHS Management System Components
- Possess strong leadership skills, with exceptional proficiency in interpersonal communications including the ability to influence others.
- Strong advocate for change with a bias for action.
- Comprehensive problem solving skills.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety or related field combined with relevant work experience required.
• Master's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in industrial health and safety and 5+ years managing the environmental, health and safety and security function in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing environment.
• Proven ability to identify, investigate, correct, and document potential environmental, health, safety and security non-conformances.
• Comprehensive problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to provide focus and leadership to achieve effective implementation and maintenance of EHS and security programs.
• Detailed knowledge of policies, procedures and programs as they relate to administration, environmental, health, safety and security efforts.
• Ability to set the vision and demonstrate a sense of urgency around maintaining a safe and efficient workplace.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated and self-directed; customer oriented and a strategic thinker, focusing EHS and security efforts on critical business needs.
• Possess strong leadership skills, with exceptional proficiency in interpersonal communications including the ability to influence others.
• Strong advocate for change with a bias for action.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. EHSS Engineering Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US