Marketing Manager, Community Engagement
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4567
Requisition Number: R3348
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Lead the development, execution and measurement of IMC's brand evolution strategies. Create next generation rider strategy and align to greater customer growth initiatives. Serve as the curator and brand archivist, leading the brand experience center. Manage IMC's brand standards and compliance training and measurement. Educate and enforce brand standards globally.
Create an IMC branded philanthropy pillar tied to Polaris corporate Geared for Good program; build initiatives that strengthen relationships with and make a positive impact on multicultural communities. Be a spokesperson for the company on relevant multicultural topics. Educate organization on multicultural marketing and be an internal voice that provides a multicultural perspective on relevant brand issues.
Partner with HR business leaders to educate the organization on multicultural marketing and community engagement. Provide tools and resources to build knowledge and understanding across all cultures and communities in which we serve to grow a more inclusive workforce and customer base.
1. Brand Evolution & Preservation
- Determine strategic direction for Indian Motorcycle's brand name, iconography, marks, and associated names/sub-brands. Create roadmap 5-20 years out on key brand decisions and direction. Gain executive leadership alignment and evaluate plan on an annual basis. Monitor external environment or other leading indicators of brand health and affinity to current and next generation of riders. Integrate a global point of view to the roadmap.
- Lead next generation rider strategy. Conduct research and consumer insight touchpoints to guide strategic planning for next generation of Indian Motorcycle riders. Partner with Customer Growth Team to build a collaborative approach to building affinity amongst new and diverse riders. Connect roadmap to current brand plans and GTM strategy. Embed knowledge and understanding for communities throughout motorcycle division.
- Serve as curator and archivist for the Indian Motorcycle brand. Identify important brand assets and develop a preservation and curation strategy to preserve our history and tell our story. Develop a long-term vision and plan for an Indian brand experience center.
2. Brand Standards & Compliance
- Own and manage IMC brand standard documents and policies. Manage and update IMC brand standard documents and key channel/partner policies to ensure clarity and adherence by all stakeholders.
- Determine external and internal resources for auditing and ensuring brand compliance. Guide strategy and execution with brand audits through dealer and partner channels. Integrate global approach to auditing and compliance.
- Build a 3rd party measurement strategy to monitor omni-channel brand compliance. Identify partner organization to conduct 3rd party audits. Build an approved brand standards policy and enforcement strategy aligned throughout the organization and our channel partners.
- Facilitate annual dealer code of conduct training. Build educational platform and materials for North America dealers and global distributors to educate and build awareness and understanding of cultural sensitivity, Adjust policies as needed to mandate training.
3. Community Engagement & Philanthropy
- Build an Indian Motorcycle philanthropy strategy and execution of charitable giving tied to community-represented causes. Partner with Polaris Geared for Good to build an IMC branded arm of the organizations giving strategy. Serve as key interface with partner organizations. Build communication strategy to educate employees of the brands work and impact.
- Serve as spokesperson for division on community relations topics for press, consumers, and dealer. Advise on brand public relations and earned media strategy. Develop plans that will raise awareness of community engagement efforts amongst target consumer groups. Build specific training and responses to external inquiries regarding the brands' position.
- Lead development and execution of consumer insight research plan that will guide community relations strategy.
- Identify key KPI's and measure monthly. Develop and track budget required to hit KPI targets. Align to brand marketing strategy and communicate key insights across broader Polaris marketing organization. Communicate progress regularly to senior leadership team.
Skills and Knowledge needed to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or equivalent required
- 5+ years relevant sales and marketing leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; articulate thought leadership with clear point of view
- Strong agility and ability to build trust, credibility and navigate a complex landscape in fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and facilitate dialogue across multiple organizations and stakeholders
- Proven track record of organization skills, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate innovative approaches to solutions or problem solving with sound judgement
Virtual work available. Standard office environment; domestic and international travel for brand planning sessions, dealer meetings, and agency summits. Travel up to 10%.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Manager, Community Engagement
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US