Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4602
Requisition Number: R3372
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform GMAW welding on carbon steel as required, meeting all quality standards and specifications.
- Inspect finished parts to ensure weld quality standards are met. Immediately report non-conformance issues to group leader and/or Supervisor.
- Rotate between workstations as assigned. This includes pilot weldments, repair work, finish welding and operation of robotic weld systems.
- Interpret blueprints and processes to follow specifications for work being performed.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Perform quality testing and documentation as required.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards).
- Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
- Work in a safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Accurately complete required paperwork, including: labor reporting, move tickets, job cards, SPC charts, etc.
- Maintain a neat, clean work area.
- Complete company provided training as required.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Work overtime as required, with little or no notice, up to 12 hours.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and in the best interest of the company.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical or in-house certification required
- 1 plus years of industry experience
- Ability to communicate well and count accurately required.
- Ability to read and understand routings, work orders and production reports necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to function both alone and in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to twelve hours per day with the ability to repetitively reach overhead.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Welder I
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US