Design Engineer (CVT)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 4612
Requisition Number: R3583
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CAD layout and design of industry leading ORV CVT Transmission variator systems including the following components; cast aluminum/injection molded CVT housings and air-ducting.
- Interpret CAE (FEA and CFD) results and iterate to optimize a solution.
- Tolerance stack-up analysis and Monte-Carlo Simulations.
- Detail prints and assign appropriate GD&T.
- Conduct system clearance studies to assure design is within standard part to part clearance criteria.
- Work with CVT System Team leadership to define project assignments, goals and system specifications.
- Support development of new ORV CVT technologies under guidance of Sr. Systems Engineer.
- Create and maintain component level CVT design guidelines and best practice documents.
- Network with and support CAD needs of multiple CVT systems engineers to analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Provide supporting information and details to CVT systems engineers for all relevant design reviews.
- Bolted joint analysis and sizing.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years design and development experience in an OEM environment preferred.
- 5+ years of related design experience using an advanced CAD software (Creo, CATIA, NX) including complex surfacing techniques (Creo Preferred)
- Ability to interpret FEA and CFD results and optimize CAD models based on results
- Quality and customer focused. Experience with six-sigma methodologies a bonus.
- Understanding and experience with driveline components including transmission and engine cases, rotating components, ducting, and clutches preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of driveline and intake related component manufacturing processes including die-casting, forging, machining, shaping, grinding, molding, stamping, heat treating, plating, powder metal injection molding and blow-molding preferred.
- Experience with GD&T, dimensional stack-ups and FMEA preferred.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action with a strong attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- Microsoft software including
Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint experience required.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer (CVT)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN