Channel Development Training Specialist
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4655
Requisition Number: R3717
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Channel Development Training Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing Polaris' training strategy for the Off-Road field sales team and dealer network. This individual will assess training needs, create training materials to address those needs, and evaluate the training effectiveness. The Channel Development Training Specialist will work cross-functionally with many internal stakeholders and closely with the field sales team, sales leadership, and external vendors to ensure that all training is driving an improved dealer network & consumer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine training objectives through skill-gap analysis for both the field sales team and dealer network.
- Design, plan and organize training program to address training objectives and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Develop training content and/or recommend or utilize vendor programs that meet instructional goals and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally and influence without authority to successfully project manage training development process.
- Communicate effectively in day-to-day activities; present and lead training in larger group settings.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and development programs and utilize relevant data to revise or recommend changes to instructional objectives and methods.
- Monitor training costs and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or similar field required
- 3+ years' experience developing training programs and content
- Proven track record of project management and driving results in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be detail-oriented with organization, communication, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and interact with all levels of management
- In-depth knowledge of powersports dealers and the channels in which they operate is a preferred
- Location - Bass Creek Facility, Plymouth, MN
- Corporate office environment
- Travel required, up to 10% of the time
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Channel Development Training Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US