Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer
Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 4662
Requisition Number: R3784
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Design and implement manufacturing software systems that control work-in-progress aspects of an assembly line, track product under development, report assembly test results to operators, upload manufacturing data to a factory management database, and generate reports for Operations management.
- Engage with mechanical, electrical, and firmware development teams to understand the manufacturing test system requirements.
- Design and implement PC-based manufacturing for overall control of in-line and end-of-line test systems.
- Work with Operations teams to validate and deploy new/updated software systems to manufacturing lines.
- Triage manufacturing systems issues in collaboration with Operations and Engineering personnel.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or similar degree.
- 5+ years of experience in each of these areas: C#, Python, Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Strong self-initiative and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable collaborating with engineers and technicians from other disciplines: electrical, mechanical, assembly operators, production supervisors, etc.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Familiarity with pyqt.
- Familiarity/experience working on manufacturing software systems.
- Familiarity/experience working with electromechanical systems.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US