Location: Wilmington, Ohio US
Job Number: 4684
Requisition Number: R3948
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
In this role, you will be part of the HR team supporting our rapidly evolving supply chain division of Polaris housed in the Parts, Garments and Accessories Division. This role is the sole HR Leader for the PG&A Distribution Center in Wilmington, Ohio where you will have HR business partner support responsibility for the facility while partnering with the Operations Leadership. This role requires experience in a broad range of HR functions including; recruitment and selection, talent management, compensation and benefits, training and development, change management, and employee relations. In addition, this role requires the confidence and skillset to work independently to creatively problem solve and drive results for HR business priorities.
The HR Generalist should be a proactive communicator and change agent who can balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure HR functional excellence in core processes such as compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, employee engagement, and organizational development.
- Play a key role in continuous improvement activity, both in implementing new and improving existing HR / talent processes.
- Analyze and interpret data as required to support HR strategy (organization fitness metrics) in core functional areas (retention, span and layers, compliance, diversity, etc.)
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to front line leaders and warehouse employees including HR Fundamentals and Process Training, Employee Relations Management, Performance Management, Career Development, and Workplace Investigations as appropriate
- Maintain visibility and active presence, providing daily support and communication at all employee levels
- Partner with the business to drive accountability around employee performance standards including in the areas of productivity, safety and quality
- Identify employee and organizational needs on an on-going basis and coach management to respond to these needs
- Facilitate change, lead strategic initiatives, and successfully manage complex projects
- Develop and lead processes to identify, attract, reward, develop and retain a high-quality workforce
- Establish a development focused culture that enables succession planning and retention of high potential talent
- Partner with Ops Manager on development planning for leadership team and hourly workforce
- Continue to drive a positive work environment and high employee engagement, including issue resolution, training, development and coaching
- Lead and council leadership on employee relations issues and corrective action steps in disciplinary issues
- Ensure management consistency and compliance to federal and state employment laws
- Represent Polaris in the community and foster positive community relations
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required; Masters' degree in Human Resources or related field, or MBA, preferred.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources required
- Previous experience supporting distribution, warehousing, or manufacturing preferred
- Understanding of core HR processes, employment laws and related procedures
- Sound judgment with the ability to integrate HR practices into business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to build credibility with executive management, operations leadership and employees
- Customer focused and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills - Ability to lead white-space processes & projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office & experience with HRIS system-based software required
- Warehouse and office environments
- Potential for minimal travel (
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: HR Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wilmington, Ohio US