Quality Systems Engineer - Audit
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4685
Requisition Number: R3989
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This role supports development, application and continual improvement of the internal audit process across the organization. This role is responsible for conducting audits, reporting audit results, initiating CAPAs for audit findings. This role also provides support to internal groups in the development of processes that meet requirements of the Quality Operating System. This role reports to the Corporate Quality Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and support internal audits of processes performed by functional teams and business units across the organization.
- Support development of audit reporting processes and metrics and regularly report on the status of internal audits.
- Provide support to groups during 3rd party audits.
- Assist teams in the execution of corrections to process gaps identified in audits through effective use of the CAPA process.
- Assist business units in the development of processes and procedures to meet requirements of the Quality Operating System and to address gaps identified in audits
- Support development of quality tools and processes that can be used across the enterprise to analyze and improve the quality and safety of products.
- Maintain, develop and implement processes for tracking, trending, and analyzing audit results and corrective actions.
- Provide data analysis to support the effective evaluation quality systems to determine gaps or areas for improvement.
- Support staff members at all levels of the organization to ensure that the quality processes are understood, supported, and successfully implemented within the organization
- Train or assist in training of all personnel in the proper performance of duties to be consistent with established quality procedures and policies.
- Coordinate improvement activities with the Corporate Quality Manager as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Degree in engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years previous quality engineering, quality systems or project management experience
- Experience developing processes and procedures to defined standards
- Experience applying lean tools to support processes
- Experience in process auditing and reporting; auditor certification preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Office environment conditions; some exposure to manufacturing environments
- Travel: about 25% of time
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Systems Engineer - Audit
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US