Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4698
Requisition Number: R3976
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Creation of day to day concepts and new product ideas, while consistently pushing the creative envelope. Executing legitimate concepts that meet or exceed customers' expectations as determined through "Voice of the Customer" research - provided from Product Managers.
- Drives impetus to chosen programs, while connecting product description and product personality to the designer's concept. Will execute a design theme (if selected) and becomes that programs champion. The expectation of every designer is that they will contribute a successful design to the Polaris Industries product portfolio. As all programs in the company start in ID the expectation is that they will interact with staff at a level that permits good decision making and communication of design intent to Polaris management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties:% Time Spent:
Prepares and carries out original or adaptations to designs and design changes through drawing, riding, and researching while regularly make in-course decisions regarding brand, functionality, fit to VOC and design DNA and incorporates these to improve his/her work. May seek out the assistance of a Senior or Lead designer.
Presents concepts and ideas to peers and management and provides peer reviews during the weekly meetings.
Cooperates and collaborates with Engineering and Marketing during product development if theme/design is selected.
Works with Clay Modelers and a Lead Designer if theme/design is selected.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- 4-year Industrial Design Degree from accredited or internationally recognized design school
- 2+ years experience
- Vehicle Design Portfolio is required and must be submitted
- Powersports experience a plus
- Peer-review experience a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Great team player
Team-based, collaborative, fast-paced, office/studio environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US