Project Assistant - Inventory Coordinator
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4700
Requisition Number: R4010
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Manage ORV vehicle inventory. Ensure vehicles are properly tracked and stored. Work with the engineering staff to identify vehicles that need to be scrapped or reworked. Coordinate scrap pickup and send vehicles to auction. Update the corporate vehicle tracking system and create monthly inventory report.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure vehicles are properly tracked in the corporate vehicle tracking system.
- Work with project engineering teams to identify and properly label vehicles for scrap and rework/auction.
- Organize vehicles so Inventory Mechanics can process them for scrap or rework them for auction.
- Coordinate scrap vehicle pickup days with scrap company.
- Verify all work has been completed on reworked vehicles and update company records.
- Coordinate shipping of vehicles to auction and notify the auction coordinator.
- Update corporate vehicle tracking system with disposition status of vehicle.
- Create monthly inventory report and distribute to leadership and project teams.
- Ensure vehicle storage areas are organized and free of clutter.
- Maintain inventory lists for offsite vehicle storage and non-work related vehicle check-out.
- Miscellaneous shop support including ordering equipment, employee part sales, and organizing clean-up activities.
- Help prepare units for scrap and auction.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to travel periodically.
- Able to communicate professionally and drive project to timely completion.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma required
- Additional education/training preferred
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts
- Mechanic or technician experience preferred
- Powersports experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Assistant - Inventory Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US