Cybersecurity Engineer-In Vehicle
Location: Novi, Michigan US
Job Number: 4722
Requisition Number: R4152
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for a Product Cybersecurity Connectivity Engineer. The Polaris team builds world-class connected vehicle solutions for motorcycles and off-road vehicles. As a Cybersecurity Connectivity Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for creating requirements, execution and evaluation of designs, development, testing and control of major cybersecurity strategies with a focus on connected features and molding the future state of Cybersecurity for Polaris. Interest in powersports is a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Chief Cybersecurity Engineer in developing, communicating, and implementing the product cybersecurity strategy & roadmap
- Communicate cybersecurity impacts to business units (internal customers)
- Develop, maintain, and communicate meaningful security requirements to systems/component engineers for implementation
- Provide technical leadership and define the strategies and processes for end-to-end security of vehicle electrical architecture and embedded systems
- Lead Risk Assessments on Vehicle Architectures
- Support product programs with security expertise
- Drive resolution for issues identified by accurately documenting, assigning severity, and providing recommendations based on observations
- Identify potential vulnerabilities in the product and make recommendations on how to resolve the vulnerabilities
- Stay actively engaged in ongoing security vulnerability prioritization and mitigation
- Become the cybersecurity connectivity expert for all vehicles & maintain industry expertise by monitoring trends, building and maintaining external professional networks, etc.
- Document & share expertise through knowledge management initiatives such as design guideline development, internal communication meetings, training material development, etc.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
- Be an active participant in leveraging, developing, and continuously improving best-practices/processes/tools related to development and implementation
- Be flexible enough to work on multiple products being produced for a fast-changing market
- Help build and maintain high team morale
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software/electrical engineering or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of experience in cybersecurity
- Strong Systems Engineering background
- Experience on infotainment and integrated vehicle systems (i.e. CAN)
- Experience in Software development - Embedded RTOS and Linux based systems
- Proven experience identifying and closing security vulnerabilities on large-scale, production systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate large amounts of data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience reporting, managing, and closing security issues in tools like Jira and Bugzilla
- Experience with Agile development methods such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with product development methods such as stage-gate processes
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and make progress while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Cryptography experience
- Experience implementing connected vehicle solutions
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Cybersecurity Engineer-In Vehicle
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Novi, Michigan US