Project Assistant - ORV
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 4727
Requisition Number: R4175
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for the development and verification of the initial Bill of Material through the Prototype, Development and Validation unit builds. Responsibilities include, maintaining all Bill of Materials, assist with building of the units to verify BOM and fit up of all components along with working closely with Engineering, Design, Systems Engineering, Service Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality to ensure all builds stay on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain Bills of Material with accurate verification and documentation.
- Perform BOM audits, verifications and follow-up to ensure BOM accuracy.
- Verification of data for new model BOM structuring.
- Support Project Team when making BOM changes. Work with Inventory Control to ensure parts are on order and work orders are correct.
- Assist Designers in accuracy of print updates and BOM updates.
- Create and maintain change notices in PRS Windchill (Chunnel) for Project Teams.
- Develop and maintain ORV Sharepoint site for communication within PA team.
- Support Project Team with tracking and expediting change notices.
- Support prototype, development, validation, and production unit builds with PDP planner for ordering unreleased parts.
- Assist engineering with ordering parts for developmental needs. (where applicable)
- Generate reports for Production verification and help with BOM accuracy.
- Support project leader to solidify plans for pilot builds
- Assist and communicate Service Part issues & concerns as required.
- Support accurate information for SSCC auditing and Homologations.
- Maintain Model lists for CCB reports and other departments for clear communication on active projects and Models.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other assignments as requested or required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining cooperative and positive attitude.
- Highly motivated, organized, very neat, self-starter.
- Team, Customer and Quality focused.
- Proficient PC skills with working knowledge of: Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PRS Windchill, and Powerlink.
- Sincere desire to meet customer's expectations, team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two-year technical degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Polaris products, MAPICS, Powerlink and Bill of Material structure required.
- Three years of experience in engineering or planning environment desired with mechanical background and engineering print reading.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Assistant - ORV
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US